Friday, November 13, 2009

i guess i am on a french kick...

So tonight we catered a party at One Arts Plaza for our friends Emily and Matt.  They live in one of the penthouse apartments in this magnificent building, along with Logan and Mulberry (their dog and cat respectively).

WOW, what a view, what a scene, what a city!  I cannot tell you how proud I am to live in Dallas.  You have read (or if you haven't, go back and read the previous post) how much I love the culture of Paris.  I can honestly say, Dallas is doing some VERY French things.  I AM PROUD of what is going on downtown.  With the help of  Ms. Lucy Crow Billingsly (who loves the Parigi peach cobbler, BTW), downtown Dallas is turning in to the most amazing arts district in the country.

The view from our venue looked over the Winspear Opera House, the Wyly Theatre, and the Booker T. Washington School for the Performing Arts, along with the ancient Methodist Church that is being built back to its original glory.  IT IS ABOUT TIME, DALLAS! Awesome!

I left the party at about 6:59 in the good hands of our staff, Rosie, Chris and Wesley.  It was a beautiful evening, and I rolled down the windows.  The sounds of the church bells from Cathedral Guadalupe were ringing like Notre Dame!  There was traffic.  I didn't care...there were church bells!  Once again, I was transported.

Bisous!  Janice
Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment