Friday, December 18, 2009

Sleepless in Paris...

Bonsoir, my friends...

It is the dreaded first night in Paris. Dreaded because it is the night of the strange sleep cycle. Went to bed a 7:30, woke up at 1:00. I have rearranged the apartment to fit my preferences, perused the cupboards for anything interesting that we should be using, and organized the kitchen to my liking. Doing all of this while tip toeing around like some cat burglar so I don't disturb the neighbors below. Typical first night in Paris.

We arrived yesterday to snow in Paris. Ok, this city is magical enough, but you add snow, and it becomes even more beautiful. A trip via taxi from CDG, and we were walking into our home-away from home…check it out: http://www.alacarte-paris-apartments.com/St-Germain-Magic.html.

The apartment is lovely. It is located in a small ancient building with a beautifully landscaped courtyard. It is crazy quiet, and so far, I have found no one to spy on. There are windows that are across from us, which belong to someone, so hopefully I will get some action tomorrow morning. However, unless they are up super early, I probably won't see much then either, as I am heading to my Le Cordon Bleu Foie Gras Class which begins at 9:00 sharp. I can't wait.

So on that note, I am going to say good night. I am going to go attempt to get myself to sleep again.

See you tomorrow.
Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment