Monday, December 27, 2010

Oh what a difference a day makes!

If you told me yesterday how today was going to go, I probably wouldn't have believed you.

You may have noticed the distinct sound of crickets resonating in the Parigi blog. Well, that would be due to the fact that for the last 4 days I was down with the grippe, AKA the flu in French. Man, it took me down. I tried to fight it, especially with limited days with Roger, and Emily arriving, but it kicked my ass! I had no energy, no appetite, and at times no will to live. Ok, maybe that is a bit on the exaggerated side, but that is only because I am trying to be the dramatic french woman. : ). Emily is responsible for bringing the life saving pill form serum called musinex to save me, and I am forever in her debt.

So today actually began kind of sadly...Roger went home. First time he has left Paris without me. First time I have stayed behind without him. Sad. Really. Emotional. He texted me from the plane that he was feeling better though, because our favorite AA flight attendant, Pierre,and I quote, "ees awn boward. Awl ees gude.". End quote. Thank you, Pierre. You don't know how pleasant you have made our trips to Paris, and especially this one, without doing anything but being there. Thank you!

OK, so moving on...I have been given an amazing and unique opportunity to spend NYE in Nice, France this year. My sweet friend Sebastien and his partner Patrick are there visiting his sister, and have invited me to come there for the new year celebration. Roger was on board, and my amazing parter, Chad DEMANDED that I go, so, all I had to do was figure out the logistics.

Eurorail ticket...check
AA ticket changed...check
Apartment rental extended...check

Guess who is going to Nice on Friday? Can't wait for this adventure! Talk about making up for lost time!


There's more to tell, but you'll have to wait until demaine...

Merry Late Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Janice thanks for the up date.I so look forward to it. Sorry about you falling ill what a bummer but better there than here.Can't wait to hear more..Take care

    ReplyDelete